Monday, July 21, 2008

Congratulations

Last Saturday evening I thought of visiting my AIA manager, Eric Koh's newly open Hainan Kopitiam at Megan Salak Park. So Charng and I had our lunch+dinner before we went for The Dark Knight at Mid Valley. I am not a fan of chicken rice, in fact I prefer vegetables or salad. But honestly HomeTown's(Eric's new shop) Hainanese Chicken Rice is extraordinarily good, for real. Why? It was kampung chicken they served, and for your information, a kampung chicken costs at least RM3-10 more than the ordinary chicken that we eat at any other chicken rice shop. Obviously kampung chickens are healthier than the ordinary farm chickens(injected with antibiotics and hormones). The rice combo comes with a complementary herbal soup, which in my humble opinion is a good plus plus. Comparing the good old boring Old Town Kopitiam, which I already bored with their menu, this shop is another worth trying for the month. Then, Charng asked for a Curry Bihun Mee and to my surprise it wasn't as bloody red as those in Old Town. I'm not against Old Town, the reason for my excitement is, for once dining outside, allow me to worry less for my cholesterol level. If I have to look at those mass reddish oil floating on my curry soup like those in Old Town, well... not appetizing. Healthy food is in for the new era, and I'm glad that HomeTown is aware of this.

Try to check out the Facebook linked to the HomeTown.

To get there from KL, you'll have to enter Seremban Highway, exit at Desa Petaling and turn left at the traffic light. Turn left after the gas station(on your left) and go straight till the last junction and turn right. Alternatively, if you are near MEI's Furniture located at Desa Petaling which is along the Seremban highway, give the boss Eric a call or me if he can't be reached. Let's take a peek.

HomeTown from the outside.
Photobucket

The Boss is busy.
Photobucket

Boss's highly recommended Hainanese coffee, a must try!
Photobucket

Elegant menu, but have I seen it somewhere before??
Photobucket

Over the counter.
Photobucket

The interior.
Photobucket

The open air.
Photobucket

"One more Hainanese Chicken Rice!"(created parole)
Photobucket

FOC parking lots and double-park-able at your own risk during peak hours.
Photobucket

YUM YUM! Hainanese Chicken Rice!
Photobucket

The hot coffee.
Photobucket

In my next must try list, the Nasi Lemak Kukus.
Photobucket

Good Luck and All The Best Eric! Sang Yi Heng Long!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home