Thursday, July 17, 2008

Finally...

Many of you may not know what I'm doing for the next few years or what I've done since graduation. Well many things happened and important decisions made. I've chosen a path that requires extreme courage, I took on the path that I initially wanted, to become a doctor and surgeon in my future.

Most of you will give me a big response, if not curious and there you go pumping all those questions to me,why?how come?when it took place?are you sure?? I've been facing this since last year in my A-level academy, and none of my older friends I know knew about this earlier. I didn't want anybody to know except for my immediate family members and gf, not even my grandma know about this. So I seek pardons from all of my best friends and relatives for I've been keeping my plans to myself. I just could not bear the challenges of doubtfulness about my direction in life, it was a tough journey and I have to protect my faith and believes.

There are many challenges in the class ,first day at school when I completely forgot about the periodic table(despite the fact that I received distinction for Australian Chem Quiz at High School),I can't even tell the name of Na as sodium or Ag as silver, needless to say the compounds that I can recall. and those menstrual cycles and all sorts of biology terms. Come on, can you remember what you did 5-6 years ago? Yeah, it turned out that I did badly for the first 2 Chemistry papers. However, my hard work pays off during the next 2 +retakes. Biology and Maths are no problem for me anyways. Then there are interviews to attend to get a place for MD or MBBS course. Next it's the IELTS English language test and fortunately I did do better than I expected.

My forecast results pass me for UCSI(University College Sedaya International) and UGM(University Gadjah Mada,Yogjakarta, Indonesia). I met IMU requirements but the fees are costing my parents too much so I decided to put it out of the picture. Preparing for Indonesia entrance test wasn't that easy, I attended the Indonesian syllabus classes(conducted in half English half Indonesian) for about 3 weeks. It was the hardest time when I had to prepare for the trial test and at the same time attend tuition classes at night for entrance exams.

UGM gave me a big challenge in their IQ test and cognitive test(Bio,Phys,Chem and Maths). It started off with those verbal skills, reasoning skills and so on. For a moment I thought I can't make it because I did another entrance exam earlier for University of Brawijaya and I failed miserably(I didn't know about the way of answering and format, and grammar@tatabahasa in Indonesian was tested). The latter(UniBraw) wasn't even ranked in Indonesia, so I was thinking that how can I get into the Indonesia ranked number 2 university(UGM) then? Just when I was about to give up and ask for a refund of the deposit from agents, the good news break off , I got into UGM! I almost burst out in tears but before I got the news I already knew that I will get in. Thanks to Rhonda Byrnes for The Secret which applies closely in my daily life.

This is the list of people leaving for Indonesia with me, some are JPA scholars. I was one of the JPAs...hahaha..in MMU...




This is taken in the UCSI chemistry lab. while doing some compound test.


The basic apparatus and only one per table no sharing.


Funnel used when I have to filter out the solution.


A bunch of small kids..uhhh..except for me.From left Melody, Terina, Yen Hong, Yi Chee.


My best buddy a.k.a ex-MMU junior in the class, Beng Ho.


Regina.


This is the leaking library during thunder storms where I used to study till evening.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't finish reading. Cuz i'm 视觉系动物who prefer pictures over words. Anyway, I always think that as long as you know what you want, where you are heading, then it's good enough. Or should I say that I've always envy those people who knows what they want. After all, we only live once. All the best for your study.

Friday, July 18, 2008 7:22:00 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home