Thursday, July 17, 2008

Busy weekends and Singapore Trip

Last weekend I've spent a pleasant trip to Penang. Don't know why, I love the feeling of driving my gf back to her hometown. It was a long trip as I wasn't driving too fast and we brought our puppy along. Yeap, he tagged along at the backseats, not in the cage but sat quietly behind. Yeah, not that quiet after all he'd barked at the toll plaza employee. He's just trying to be friendly.

Penang was really a relaxing and calm place where Charng is so far away from her worries back in KL. I love Penang for everything except for their "driving style", the way people occupying both lanes as they drive slowly, indifferently.

On Sunday, Charng's dad drove us to his hometown where we loaded tonnes of fruits in the car. I've had loads of durians and rambutans plus jack fruits. It was a very satisfying fruit feast and thanks to Charng's dad for the courtesy. I'm happy to know some of Charng's relatives, aunts and uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews, and of course the kind grandma who complement that I've grown fatter. Hahaha... the first time we met is through Skype when Charng asked her to look into the screen. Then we went to the temple and bought some pirated DVDs at some stalls. Hahaha...I bought Yi Nan Wang(a Taiwanese 500 Ep that last for 2 hours each) for my parents. Well, don't scold me for being a pirate, I can't get any source online and there are no originals in Speedy.

On Monday morning, we went to Queens Bay as early as 8:30am and sat down at Starbucks,relaxing.
Photobucket

Afternoon, we had our lunch at The View. Quite a classy place but I embarrassed myself for wearing shorts and sandals into the restaurant. But I was allowed in as Charng's dad is their frequent customer. I order a strip loin medium done, it was good, as good as Tony Roma's if not better. It is worth the money because the service and food was nicely presented plus appetizer and dessert is buffet style. Picture shown Charng's parents and sister walking towards the restaurant.
Photobucket


We left Penang at the late afternoon and I've a bus to catch the next morning at 8a.m. I'm going to Singapore to meet up with CPC and Julie. It was a day trip because I went there alone just to collect my new laptop from CPC. For CPC(Pay Sing) details please refer to my fellow bloggers list. I took Aeroline coach to and fro Singapore, after I've done some research on the customer feedback and review their website. For RM80+ it was worth the the money.
Photobucket

A foldable table available for dining at our own seats. Some may prefer to sit comfortably at the lounge at lower deck of the double-decker, where bigger tables for laptop and coffee, but I just prefer to buckle up at my own seat.
Photobucket

Entertainment was provided, playing on the screen was Jurassic Park. Yeah, OMG...
Photobucket

Not that appetizing but it was sufficient for the morning. Follow up was hot Milo and banana cake.
Photobucket

Stop by a place called Yong Peng for a pee break and found a mini waterfall.
Photobucket

Reached Harbour Front Centre, Singapore at 1:45p.m. McD is my lunch and where I spent 2 hours sitting there reading while waiting for the time to pass by. To my surprise, McDeluxe has a twin brother called McSpicy at Singapore. As I didn't exchange enough SG$ for the trip due to some complication in the schedule, I ended up Lovin' It. The fries there taste funny so I didn't managed to finished all. During the 2 hours, I'd not only spent on reading but I also learned that how dedicated Singaporean staff is to the customers. Why? It started off when the customer(foreign visitor) at the table next to me questioning the waiter. Probably he lost his bag while he left it on the desk when placing orders. A midst of fury slowly built up and fortunately one of the staff stepped up politely and handled it well. He voluntarily put his hand into the dustbin, searched thoroughly and proved that it wasn't dump into the dustbin by mistake. The dispute ended shortly and the customer surrendered to the luck. I was amazed by the young man's professionalism. I'm Lovin' It!
Photobucket

Evening, I met up with CPC , Julie and Michael at Vivo City, and we decided to have dinner at the Food republic.
Photobucket

Cam whoring CPC and Julie. I must admit that CPC does looks more radiant and Julie had lost some weight huh? It's been awhile since I last met Julie, but both of them are happy and so am I, for them. Remembering those times that I used to call Julie da sao in Mandarin. I will then tell her that da sao actually means da zi you sao ren kao (big and not many interested in her). Yeah, I was bad but fortunately Julie is kind enough to forgive me as I'm just making it a joke. Sorry again da sao!
Photobucket

Michael(Julie's hubby) and me.
Photobucket

CPC's dinner.
Photobucket

WS's dinner.
Photobucket

CPC said that I've grown taller,hmmm...maybe...
Photobucket

The guy at the right really...sigh...Singaporeans...
Photobucket

I took 8p.m coach and arrived at KL est 1a.m. What a day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home