Thursday, May 03, 2007

Family Trip to Langkawi

It's been some time since my family pay us a vacation.Everyone is busy,the schedule is tight and exams' coming.Last weekend,we planned on a spontaneous trip,finally,to Langkawi without my sister who will be taking exams soon.Conclusion is,despite letting the travel agency get our money,we are driving,well,I mean I had to drive to Penang and parked the car at Charng's house.We departed at 3a.m. in the morning and I drove for 4hours before arriving the jetty.Of course the journey wasn't that smooth due to some distractions at my passenger seat.I missed the turning to George Town bridge and there you go...exit at the next,make a U-turn and we were back on the track.

We were lucky enough to get return tickets(Pg-Lkw: 8.15a.m. Lkw-Pg: Confirm upon arrival).On the ferry that resembles the look of a speedboat I slept unaffected by the buzzing noise created by the over-worked engine.When I woke up,I was told that we are almost there,it's already 2++ hours.I saw land but it seems to take ages to arrive.Finally we get off the boat and immediately we were approached by travel agents.Like a bee to honey,they flocked with the crowd.One approached me and asked " Berapa orang? (How many of you?)""Empat(four)""Ikut saya(Follow me)".I didn't know why we followed him and we walked out of the jetty and reached some canopy-based agency which is just outside the jetty.He brought me to a car,and offer RM120/day.I asked for a Kancil or Iswara.But he was busy promoting that car,telling me Wira is RM110/day,why not take this one?Well ok,I bargained with a little assistance from my mom.We dealt at RM110/day.Time to find accomodation.The smart agent also good at promoting his apartment,convincing us that the hotel is fully booked,we ended up staying in an apartment which have 3 rooms,kitchen,2 toilets and air-con.Quite satisfying but the Astro they promised us was a bit of a disappointment,they have the disc(the wok looking thing)but don't have the decoder. -_-!!!

We stayed at Sri Lagenda Apartment which is just 5 minutes drive from the jetty.After unloading our luggage,we left for lunch at the Kuah town.


In the apartment compound,some wild lives caught our attention.It's my dad's favourite!!


After dining at the only Chinese restaurant,we went driving around and see if we can find any souvenir.


Dad bored...


Makam Matsuri.


Sight seeing by the Cenang Beach.


Pasar Malam every Saturday night at Kuah Town.


The next day,we went to the agencies at the jetty to look for any interesting packages that offer an adventure.We signed up for island hopping which cost only RM45/pax.The boat's leaving at 2p.m. but we still have 5hours.So I suggested for the trip to Perdana Gallery and Bird Paradise.

Some memorable moments at Langkawi Bird Paradise.








Dad in action,bird feeding.




Birds and us.






An educational trip.






Feed feed feeed!




Crickie!


Burung-burung sekalian.
























Snake style kungfu.




Now you see...


now you don't!










Dad's favourite pass time,buy chinese tea.


Souvenirs?Too costly here for the crystals.














Follow me.






Luck luck luck!


Bon Voyage!










Next stop will be Perdana Gallery.Pay RM2 for each camera upon enterance.






















































When I took this shot,some ang mo beside me said "Wow,it's beautiful!"




Gift from firaun??


Tun Dr. Mahathir's ride?


Can this thing actually move?


2.30p.m. I'm on a boat!


First stop at Beras Basah~


Alien kidnapping a crab.


New spark plug!Is this yours?


The legendary eagles feeding.


Tasik Dayang Bunting,the largest lake at Langkawi.




Before leaving the island.


At night we went this restaurant for dinner,where they have all the fried things.But..


overcharging for 3 plates of noodles and chinese tea that cost us RM10!!We asked the boss to take away the left over for supper.The boss asked cannot finish??How come?He questioned his employee but the fella impolitely replied his boss,"Jiak beh wan da bao la...(Cannot finish take away)!" How rude...My dad didn't give in,he answered,"Tia teo da bao la(it's for sure)".In my heart I thought,"tia teo da bao la,if not tart your kah ch'ng meh(sure take away,else stuff it in your a**?)"


We spent the rest of the night shopping for duty frees and walking at the local label.




The next morning,we went for a cable car ride.We bought the tickets from agents(RM14) which is much cheaper than those sold by the counters(RM25).This is the crowd on Monday.We are lucky enough to be early,but I still stood under the hot sun for a couple of minutes.


Here we go!


I can see 2 small artificial islands on the left.Maybe it is a barrier for the yachts from the tides.


The Green.


This shot is taken with timer,where I placed my camera on top of a dustbin cover.


This too.


The bridge where they filmed "The Don"


Aiya..near near only.


Is this my turn to ride on this?










A waterfall that I wish I have time to go.


I must admit that Honda City is really a fuel saving car.It costs me only RM45 for the fuel around the island for 3 days.So I burn the left over fuel driving along the coast but not far from the jetty,before heading to Penang.


Overall...it's a very good trip but I won't visit this island for another year I guess,but it depends...God knows.

3 Comments:

Blogger Xweing said...

You such a fan of Mahathir, din go eat at his bread-shop "The Loaf"? Very very nice selection of bread and pastries there...

Friday, May 04, 2007 2:35:00 PM 
Blogger ♥VeniceHouse♥ said...

hoho..i never been to the bird paradise yet. got kenyalang ;))

Friday, May 04, 2007 5:50:00 PM 
Blogger - Wern Sern said...

xweing - yape,I'm his big fan.TDM proved to us that pepper spray stung!and...never underestimate an old man.

chua - hehehe..Kuching tarak ke?It looked like a banana sticked to its head

Monday, May 07, 2007 6:15:00 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home